Winter Vegetable Frittata
6-7 servings | Prep Time: 5-10 min | Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 2 leeks
- 1 small bunch of lacinato kale
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (2% or whole milk)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Avocado/olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Beecher’s Handmade Flagship Cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash then cut the ends off the leeks and slice thinly until you get to the green heads (discard heads). remove kale leaves from the stems then roughly chop. combine leeks, kale, and shredded Brussels sprouts into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 8 eggs. add in about 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder.
- In an oven-safe pan (cast iron works great) heat 1-2 tbsp avocado or olive oil. add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally until vegetables have softened. add in a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in egg mixture. sprinkle shredded cheese then chopped parsley.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown around the edges.
- Allow frittata to cool for a few minutes then slice and serve! feel free to add extra cheese on top and red pepper flakes.
View this post on Instagram