Whipped Feta with Preserved Lemon
- 8 ounces local feta
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 small fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced preserved lemon (peel only)
- Black pepper
- Sliced rustic bread, pita triangles, or crackers, for serving
- In a food processor pulse feta until it is in tiny, crumblike pieces. Scrape down sides of bowl, add cream cheese, and process until mixture is very smooth, about 1½ minutes.
- In a small skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, thyme, and sage and let sizzle until mixture is very fragrant, about 1 minute (take care—the sage leaves will sputter). Take off heat and stir in preserved lemon.
- Transfer whipped feta to a wide, shallow serving dish. Spoon olive oil mixture over it and sprinkle with pepper. Serve with bread or crackers.