Ube Bubble Tea
4 servings | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup black tapioca pearls (boba)
- 2 cups Darigold Ⓡ FIT 2% Milk
- 4 bags black tea
- 1 cup ube jam (ube halaya)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ube extract (optional)
- In a medium saucepan bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add tapioca pearls then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off heat and let sit for 15 minutes more.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a gentle simmer. Add tea bags, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Pour tea-infused milk into a blender and add ube jam, vanilla, and optional ube extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain and rinse tapioca pearls and divide them among 4 tall glasses. Fill glasses with ice cubes, and pour ube-milk mixture over the ice. Serve immediately with boba tea straws or long spoons.