Mean, green, and nutrient-packed smoothie machine
One of Seattle-based dietitian Tess Han’s favorite ways to start her day is by making a quick and nutritious smoothie, especially when running low on time. She likes to include Grace Harbor Farms kefir into her smoothies for immune support, gut health, and a boost of calcium and protein. It makes for a creamy smoothie texture and adds a slightly tangy flavor that compliments the sweet fruit!
If you’re not familiar, kefir is a fermented drink, traditionally made from cow’s or goat’s milk. It’s basically yogurt in a more liquid form! Kefir has more probiotics than yogurt and is also packed with essential vitamins like vitamin B, folate, magnesium, and potassium.
Tropical Greens Smoothie
1 serving | Prep Time: 5 min
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Grace Harbor Farms Kefir
- ~1 cup frozen banana mango pineapple (mix)
- 3 leaves of laminate (dinosaur) kale – can use curly kale or spinach
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend together and enjoy!