Indulge in the sweet delights of National Ice Cream Month with these delectable tender Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches by Manali!
Twin Brook Creamery‘s rich and velvety heavy cream is the secret behind the luscious no-churn ice cream that fills these tasty coconut sandwiches. Get ready to savor the perfect blend of tropical coconut and creamy goodness in every delightful bite. The tender coconut ice cream adds a burst of flavor, making these sandwiches a truly heavenly treat.
Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1 + 1/2 cups chopped tender coconut meat, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup tender coconut water
- 1 cup heavy cream, like Twin Brook Creamery
- 3/4th of a 14 oz condensed milk can
- coconut cookies (you can find these at Indian grocery stores)
- shredded coconut, to roll the sandwiches
- Break a tender coconut and carefully remove the coconut meat and coconut water. Chop the coconut meat into small pieces.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of chopped coconut meat with the coconut milk and coconut water. Blend until you get a smooth coconut paste.
- Using a stand mixer, whip the cream until it forms firm peaks. Add the prepared coconut paste and sweetened condensed milk, then gently mix everything together with a spatula until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the remaining chopped coconut meat into the ice cream mixture.
- Transfer the ice cream into an ice cream tub or alternatively, freeze it in small 3 to 4 oz paper cups to make ice cream sandwiches quickly.
- To create the ice cream sandwiches, slice the small paper cups into rounds. Carefully remove the paper from the sides to reveal the perfect round ice cream for your sandwiches.
- Place a scoop of the tender coconut ice cream between two delicious coconut cookies, then roll the sides in shredded coconut for an extra touch of flavor and enjoy!
View this post on Instagram