- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar (plus 1 cup for cinnamon sugar coating)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups tapioca pearls
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix 1 cup sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside.
- In a pot, bring milk, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and vanilla to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in tapioca pearls. Chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Scoop tablespoons of tapioca pearl mixture, deep fry until golden (2-3 mins).
- Toss fried balls in a cinnamon sugar mixture for a sweet coating.