Pumpkin Basque Cheesecake
12 servings | Cook Time: about 1 hour
- 300g peeled Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin)
- 227g cream cheese
- 1 cup Darigold heavy cream
- 100g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15g cake flour
- Preheat the oven to the 400°F.
- Make the kabocha paste: Cut kabocha into small cubes and then steam for 20 to 30 minutes until soft. Smash kabocha well.
- Line a 6-inch round cake pan with 2 large sheets of parchment paper, leave at least 2 inches of overhang around all edges.
- Add 100g kabocha paste, cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, cake flour to a blender and blend until
- Add the rest kabocha paste into the cake pan, and then pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Tap the cake pan on the countertop a few times to release big air bubbles.
- Bake the cheesecake until the top is dark amber/brown, about 30-35 minutes. The cake should still be very jiggly in the center when you remove it from the oven.
- Cool in the pan completely at room temperature, then use the parchment overhang to pull out. Gently pull the parchment away from the cake, slice, and enjoy.
View this post on Instagram