Delicious, delicious Brazilian Cheese Bread.
Pão de Queijo is one of Chef Emme’s back-to-school secrets. A go-to recipe, this quintessential Brazilian snack is perfect for school lunch, an after-school snack, or just a tasty treat for the kids (and you). The small cheese balls are made with tapioca starch – meaning they’re naturally gluten-free! The cheese and tapioca starch give these little savory balls a nice, chewy texture with the cheese and milk providing high-quality protein.
Pão de Queijo
24 servings | Prep Time: 10 min
- 1 cup of Lucerne whole milk
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cup sour tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 cup sweet tapioca starch
- Add milk, oil, and salt into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the boiling milk mixture to your shredded cheese and starches.
- Crack in eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop dough into a mini muffin tin (which is easier than rolling them by hand).
- Put into a preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.