Ice Cream French Toast
4 servings | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups ice cream (your favorite flavor)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salted butter for cooking
- 8 slices of bread
- Maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and any of your favorite toppings
- In a small stockpot, heat ice cream over medium heat until melted. Let cool slightly.
- In a square dish, mix together remaining ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or pancake griddle over medium heat.
- Dredge each slice of bread in the ice cream french toast mixture.
- Add bread slices to the skillet, lightly greased with salted butter, until browned on both sides. About 2 minutes per side. Repeat this with each piece of bread. NOTE: Keep the cooked pieces of French toast warm while you cook by storing it in a baking dish in the oven at 150°F.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
View this post on Instagram