Fromage Fort Dip
- 1/2 pound cheese* (about 1 1/3 cups cubes), inedible rind removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine (red wine, sherry or milk can substitute)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
*Use any variety of cheese that you have: Cheddar, Swiss, Parmesan, and cream cheese work well.
Cut soft cheese into 1/2-inch cubes. Grate the hard cheeses.
In a food processor or blender, add garlic and cheese. Pulse 8-10 times.
Add wine, pepper, and cayenne. Blend until smooth, approximately 1 minute, occasionally scraping down sides.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavors to develop.
- Serve cold by spreading on a cracker or apple slice.
- Dollop on a baked potato, burger, or cooked vegetables.
- Spread it on baguette slices, broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Bake in a heat-proof dish until the top is browned to serve warm.
- Refrigerate for up to a week or freeze up to six months.