A delightful fusion of flavors that will make your taste buds do a happy dance.
Luna says she will never make Japanese curry any other way. This Creamy Curry Udon is made with local Darigold butter and Twin Brook Creamy’s heavy cream. The high butterfat content in the cream from the purebred Jersey cows that Twin Brook raises enhances the flavor of the curry!
Creamy Curry Udon
- 1/2 box (4 cubes) of a large package of Japanese curry
- 2 servings frozen udon
- 3 tbsp Darigold salted butter
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 scallion (whites sliced and greens diced for garnish)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Twin Brook Creamery heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat and add the onions and the whites of the scallion. Allow the onions to caramelize for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then add the garlic, mushrooms, salt, and black pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes then add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Pour in the chicken broth and cover until it just comes to a boil, then lower the heat to low. Add in the curry cubes and stir frequently until it dissolves and the sauce thickens with no curry clumps. Pour in the cream and stir well. Turn off the heat and cover to keep warm while you prepare the udon.
- Boil the udon for just about 2 minutes until it loosens, then drain.
- Serve with the curry over the udon and garnished with the greens of the scallion.
View this post on Instagram