Deb’s Cougar Gold Cheese Dip
12 servings | Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, washed, dried, and chopped
- 12-16 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- ¼ lb. Cougar Gold cheese, coarsely grated
- ½ lb. Gruyere (Swiss works well too) cheese, coarsely grated
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or so, just enough for them to sweat and open up the flavors. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add shallot and garlic mixture, season with a pinch of cayenne and salt, and combine.
- Place in a large ovenproof dish. Bake for 20 minutes or longer if baking in a larger dish, until cheese is melted and bubbling. Finish under the broiler for a few seconds until the top is caramelized.