Chocolate Chip Pie
8 servings | Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 45 min
For the shortbread crust
- 1 cup Darigold salted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
For the cookie dough
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 stick Darigold salted butter, very soft
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Make your shortbread crust. Mix together softened butter, flour, and confectioners’ sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Make your cookie dough. Set oven to 325°F. Mix together flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, softened butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Spread into the prebaked shortbread crust. Cake for 40 to 45 minutes. Don’t overbake.
- Let cool. Slice into wedges. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!