Unleash this cheesy masala marvel.
Picture this: A delightful journey through the aisles of Beecher’s Handmade Cheese at Pike Place Market. That’s where Manali’s love affair with cheese began! And now, she invites you to join her on a flavorful adventure with Cheesy Masala Burgers.
The true star? The irresistibly melty “Just Jack” cheese slices from Beecher’s. But there’s more to this story than flavors alone. Buying local isn’t just a treat for your taste buds – it’s an eco-friendly commitment to reducing carbon emissions. Let’s dig in and make every bite count, both in taste and impact! 🌱🌍
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled & grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp minced ginger & garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped jalapeños
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 + 1/4 cup frozen veggies of choice (e.g., carrots, peas, corn, beans)
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste (approx. 1+ 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Beecher’s Just Jack cheese slices
- Buns, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers (for assembling)
For spicy cilantro mayo:
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 + 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Boil and grate the potatoes. In a pan, sauté ginger, garlic, jalapeños, and onions in oil for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add all vegetables (except potatoes). Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Incorporate the grated potatoes, spices, salt, cilantro, lemon juice, and breadcrumbs. Mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into patties and air fry at 370°F for 14-16 minutes.
- Place the patties in a pan and add a slice of Just Jack cheese on top. Sprinkle water around the edges and cover the pan for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Assemble the burger: Spread spicy cilantro mayo on the buns. Top with the cheesy burger patty, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber slices.
View this post on Instagram