Light Caramelized Onion Dip
8 servings | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 30 min
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 medium onions, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups plain unsweetened Ellenos Greek yogurt
- Fresh-ground pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and a pinch of salt. Cook until onions reach a nice, dark, caramelized color. This takes longer than you expect, about 30 to 40 minutes. Add a splash of water if you need to.
- When the onions are done, take the pan off the heat and add the Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Let the onions cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the onions to the Ellenos Greek Yogurt. Stir until combined. Add fresh-ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Let the dip sit for 1 or 2 hours for flavors to combine. Serve with chips or bread.