Cheese, Wild Mushroom and Broccolini Quiche with a Flaky Phyllo Crust
8 servings | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 12oz broccolini, tough stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8oz wild mushrooms (morels, chanterelles, oysters, lobster, etc.), sliced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 15 sheets thawed phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons Darigold Ⓡ Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1½ cups Smith Brothers Farms Half and Half
- 6oz Samish Bay Vache
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- On a large baking sheet toss broccolini with 1 tablespoon oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast until tender and wilted, about 15 minutes.
- While the broccolini roasts, in a medium skillet over medium heat, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mushrooms, thyme, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and sauté until mushrooms have released their juices and the juices have evaporated, 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375℉. Have ready a 9” cake pan.
- Lay phyllo sheets flat on a countertop and cover with a dry kitchen towel topped with a damp kitchen towel. Brush cake pan with a little of the melted butter. Lay a phyllo sheet inside the pan, gently lifting the overhanging phyllo and pressing the dough into the corners of the pan. Brush lightly with butter.
- Layer all the phyllo sheets in the pan so they are staggered and overlapping, like making an asterisk, brushing each sheet with butter as you go.
- Scatter the mushrooms in the bottom of the phyllo crust. Arrange the broccolini in the crust like the spokes of a wheel, so the stems are pointing towards the center.
- In a blender combine the half and half, vache cheese, eggs, and pepper, and blend until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake until the filling is set and the crust is browned, 35-40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.