Bánh Flan Cà Phê (Vietnamese Coffee Flan)
- 2 cups Grace Harbor Farms whole milk
- 2 tbsp Café du Monde Coffee ground coffee
- 4 tbsp Vietnamese coffee
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a small saucepan, cook sugar until fully melted and stir until golden brown. Pour caramel evenly into 6-8 ramekins (2 tbsps each). Set aside for 10-15 mins.
- In a large saucepan, bring milk to a boil over medium heat. Add Vietnamese coffee and ground coffee, stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add in warm coffee milk and whisk until well blended. Ladle evenly into each ramekin.
- Arrange ramekins into a baking pan or roasting pan. Pour warm water of 1 inch into the pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the centers jiggle slightly. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator to chill for about 1-2 hours before serving.
- Unmold by running a knife around the ramekins. Invert onto a plate and enjoy!