Get your beiju on.
This thin tapioca crepe, derived from cassava root native to South America, is a delightful and quick dish perfect for breakfast or a snack and is one of Seattle Chef Emme’s favorites. Elevate the taste and nutrition by adding smoked cheese and labneh, both sourced locally!
By incorporating local dairy products, you not only enhance the flavor but also support the local economy and contribute to a reduced carbon footprint.
Smoked Cheese Beiju with Avocado Labneh Creme and Egg
- 1/4 cup smoked cheese from Ferndale Farmstead, grated
- 1/2 cup hydrated tapioca flour
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp. Samish Bay organic labneh
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, fried to your preference
- Combine avocado, labneh, garlic, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl. Mash it up until smooth.
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add cheese. Sprinkle tapioca over the cheese and use a spoon to even the tapioca out. Cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and spread avocado creme on tapioca, place eggs and food over like an omelet. Enjoy!
View this post on Instagram