Spicy Tomato Egg Skillet
3-4 servings | Prep Time: 5-10 min | Cook Time: 35-40 min
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large bell pepper (fresh, roasted, or both)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp harissa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cherry Valley Dairy Feta
- 5-6 eggs
- Chopped parsley or cilantro, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Heat oil in a medium to large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and bell pepper. Cook until very soft, about 10 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper
- Add in garlic and spices, stir for 30 seconds. Then add tomatoes, tomato paste, and harissa. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare toppings. Chop parsley/cilantro, slice avocado, and toast bread.
- Make wells for the eggs with the back of a large spoon. Crack 5-6 eggs into wells depending on your pan size, spreading them out evenly. Cover pan and cook for about 10-15 minutes until eggs are set.
- Garnish with herbs, feta, and avocado. Serve immediately with toasted bread.
View this post on Instagram