Melted ice cream? No problem.
Do you sometimes accidentally put your ice cream in the fridge? Well, Seattle-based Chef Shota has a delicious solution for you!
Introducing: ice cream tarts. 😋 These easy, no-bake, open-top pastries are seriously the perfect little wheels of pure joy.
Ice Cream Tarts
4 tarts | Prep Time: 10 min | Set Time: 24 hrs
- 2 Tbsp (10g) sugar
- 3/4 Tbsp (30g) flour
- 1 cup (5.29oz) Lopez Island ice cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Blueberries for topping
- Break eggs and preserve yokes.
- Add sugar.
- Whisk firmly for about 45 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk firmly for another 45 seconds .
- Pour ice cream into hot pan and whisk until hot but not steaming (less than 1 minute).
- Gradually add melted ice cream to egg mixture while whisking.
- Place new mix on low heat and keep whisking to avoid curdling (about 2-3 minutes).
- Once consistency thickens, take off heat and place mix into tray and let it cool overnight.
- Cut blueberries in quarters and add a pinch of sugar, a bit of lemon juice, and mix.
- Add custard into tiny cups and garnish with blueberries and powdered sugar on top.
View this post on Instagram