Cheese the Day with Shrimp-tastic Noodles!
Prepare your taste buds for a mouthwatering experience with our Garlic Butter Shrimp Noodles, an easy and delicious addition to your weeknight meal rotation! 🦐
The secret? The rich and creamy Darigold‘s butter and the delightful nutty sweetness of Ferndale Farmstead‘s Roundbale cheese, are akin to parmesan but with a unique local twist! These hard cheeses are remarkably low in lactose. During their production, most of the lactose is drained from the curds, resulting in a dish that’s not only delicious but also friendly for lactose-sensitive individuals.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Noodles
- 20 shrimp shell off
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 scallions sliced (whites and greens separated)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Ferndale Farmstead Roundbale cheese
- Chili flakes (optional)
- 2 servings spaghetti (about 1/2 package)
- Ladle (about 1/4 cup) pasta water
- Start by cooking the spaghetti in lightly salted boiling water until it reaches the desired level of doneness (al dente).
- In the meantime, heat a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the whites of the scallion and garlic to the skillet and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Once the scallions and garlic are fragrant, add the shrimp in a single layer to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side until one side turns pink.
- Drizzle soy sauce over the shrimp and add chili flakes if you prefer some spiciness. Sauté everything together for an additional minute.
- Lower the heat to low and add the cooked al dente spaghetti and the greens of the scallion to the skillet. Toss everything well to coat the noodles with the buttery shrimp and scallion mixture.
- Add a ladle of pasta water and the grated cheese to the skillet. Continue tossing until the sauce thickens and evenly coats the noodles.
- Serve your mouthwatering Garlic Butter Shrimp Noodles with an extra sprinkle of cheese on top and savor the flavorful goodness! Enjoy!
View this post on Instagram