Creamy One-Pan Sausage and Pepper Gnocchi
4 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8oz bulk sweet or mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup Twin Brook Heavy Cream
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 16oz prepared gnocchi
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Finely grated Golden Glen Creamery Parmesan, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until the fat has rendered and the meat browns, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Add onion to the fat in the skillet (if the sausage did not release much fat, add a little olive oil to sauté the onion). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add roasted peppers, garlic, and pepper flakes to skillet and cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in cream, broth, gnocchi, and reserved sausage. Cover the skillet, bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and taste the gnocchi to make sure they are cooked through and tender (if not, replace the lid and cook a few minutes more, adding a splash of water if the sauce is becoming too thick).
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper. Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan and parsley.