The perfect sweet note for all your holiday meal needs.
Seattle Chef Emme says that in Brazil, sweet plantain are more popular than the savory one. These creamy mashed sweet plantains may appear easy and minimalistic, but don’t worry. It’ll wow your guests with its unique flavors. The trick is to use ripened plantains as they will have a sweeter flavor. Make sure to add a bit of heavy cream and butter to make your plantains extra creamy.
For this recipe, Chef Emme used Lucerne butter, but if you are feeling adventurous, you could try to make your own butter at home!
Creamy Mashed Sweet Plantain
- 3-4 ripe yellow plantain, peeled and cut in half
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter
- In a large saucepan bring water to a boil. Add plantain pieces to saucepan and simmer until plantain is tender.
- Strain off the excess water and place the cooked plantain in a bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the plantain.
- Add the heavy cream and butter and mix together until well combined.
View this post on Instagram