The perfect Thanksgiving morning treat to keep you powered all day.
This Brazilian cornmeal cake is a perfect sweet note to your Thanksgiving day. Seattle Chef Emme says Brazilians usually eat it for breakfast or as an afternoon treat. It’s also a delicious treat for the morning of Thanksgiving when you need energy for all the cooking and festivities ahead. Milk has protein that gives you energy to go all day long!
This is a super easy and fool-proof recipe. All you have to do is measure out dry and liquid ingredients separately then mix them in together! Be very careful not to overmix.
Bolo de Fuba (Brazilian Cornmeal Cake)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder, plus extra for dusting pan
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place milk, canola oil and eggs in a bowl and whisk gently and set aside.
- In larger bowl, add corn meal, flour and baking powder.
- Add milk to the corn meal mixture and mix gently.
- Brush butter inside a bundt pan and dust with extra four.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes.